Thursday, June 18, 2009

Baking baking and more baking!

On the days that we bake.. we usually spend the whole afternoon doing so. And recently this has been a lot more often than usual. - or so I've been told - and this is because we have so many more short term crew coming and going during the summer months, and a lot of vision trips during the summer. Each of these means.. new crew meetings, teas, chaplain meet and greets, vision trip meetings.. all where our cooking and baked goods are served! .. so we bake and bake. =) which is still fun.. but I'm wondering how quickly the fun of making two tripled batches of cookies will fade.. =(

sO for some pictures.. 
Explanation: we work in the hospitality galley.. which is a tiny galley off one corner of the crew galley. The crew galley is open 24/7 and available for any crew use. There's everythiinng in there. about 5 of most big things such as mixers, microwaves, stove tops, ovens, blenders. Then there's loads and loads of any type of pan, tray, spoon, spatula, knife peelers..etc. its pretty cool.


^^ Here I am! looking at recipes.. about to make two types of cooks.. hence the TWO mixers! how tricky ..  on the right we have two mixers^^  going and lots of cracked egg shells! Only one person fits comfortably in the hospitality galley so I'm in the 
main galley, and I normally work at  this station right outside the door of hospitality galley, while Roxy works inside there. The door is to my right in this picture of me.

 And here is Roxy! .. she's taught me everything about everything in the past 10 days and is absolutely a blast!.. she's taking a year off before college, has been here since march, and is from South Africa. So she has a fun accent. As does almost everyone on the ship. =) But she and are the only two young girls on the hospitality team, so we have a lot of fun! 

Today we made peanut butter cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and chocolate chocolate chip cookies, and these cheesecake bar/square things. So here we still in the process... and a guy walked in (who actually spoke for the sunday service) and was like "Lets take some actions shots! make some memories!!!" and grabbed my camer off the table, tunred it on.. and took pictures of us baking..basically everyone on the ship just like that.. very fun and outgoing and just a joy to be around. =) Its great.

and last one!!








4 comments:

  1. It's been so fun to read about your life on the AFM! I appreciate so much your fun spirit and willingness to put yourself out there--even when you don't necessarily know what you're getting into. A real servant.

    If you see my son Ryan, give him a hello for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo, so great to see that sweet face!!! Love the updates, Lindy, and especially the pictures! Wish I had two mixers!!!!

    Love, Mrs. Myers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know mom has let you know how much we appreciate the pictures. It is great seeing you, it reminds me of the many times I have seen you baking in the kitchen at home. Give Roxy our love and as grandmom often says, "and keep a little for yourself". I will send you a seperate email on the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindy!!! I am SO proud of you. I am LOVING reading this blog. It is awesome and I'm so interested to hear about all the cool things you are doing every day on the ship. Thank you so much for serving the Lord and the people of Benin this way. Love you :) Gillian

    ReplyDelete